Love that lustrous mane don’t you? Are you feeling gloomy that it sadly doesn’t work for you? While your genes have a lot to do with the shock of hair on you head, research has proven that a healthy diet is equally important to its well-being. It’s not just what you put on those locks but what you put inside you too that make a big difference. There are certain nutrients that strengthen the hair follicles and make hair grow long and strong. Let’s look at the Top 5 foods for healthy hair that give you those nutrients.
- Salmon – Ever heard of Omega 3 fatty acids? They are great for hair. And this variety of fish is chock-a-block with it. Not just that, Salmon is high in proteins and Vitamin D both needed for healthy You can try Sardines or Mackerel too if Salmon doesn’t suit your palate.
- Walnuts – It’s Omega 3 again. This is the only variety of nut that has a substantial amount of Omega 3 acids. Walnuts are also rich in Vitamin E and Biotin that help protect your hair. Lack of Biotin can lead to hair loss.
- Spinach – Leafy vegetables are usually rich with nutrients. None more so than Spinach. Spinach brings you loads of iron, potassium, folate, and vitamin C apart from calcium and omega fatty acids that help keep hair healthy and also maintain the circulation of oil for the scalp.
- Oats – Another power-packed grain that will help keep your hair in good shape. Packed with needed nutrients from zinc to copper and proteins, Oats are a great snack and extremely convenient to cook.
- Eggs – One of the most complete foods that you can ever have. Make it a habit to have one egg every day. Eggs are full of Iron, zinc and selenium. Their protein content also help in making your hair grow long and strong.
Try and include these Top 5 foods for healthy hair. After all, its worth it not just for your hair but for your own well-being.